Browse Our Services
Newbie Newtons and Little Achievers
Baby and Wobbler Groups
We feel that the right environment is the first step in your child’s physical, social, educational and emotional development. Therefore we are dedicated to providing a safe, fun and stimulating environment that will hopefully foster a love of learning in your child.
At Enquiring Minds Childcare your infant can look forward to the following activities;
- Sensory Play
- Messy play including water, sand, play dough etc.
- Music and movement
- Language development through games and activities
- Physical development through games and activities
- Story time
- Outside play
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Peaceful nap times
The toddler years are a time when your child strives for independence, yet still requires a lot of guidance. Our Toddler Group teachers provide gentle, consistent care that encourages the toddler to learn, while moving towards being more independent. Around 2 years, toddlers also begin to understand language.
Words and short sentences make an exciting new development in a toddler's thinking. They learn to connect words with actions and objects and begin to communicate. Coupled with this is the toddler’s physical development where they explore different ways of moving, jumping, climbing, running etc. Activities in the toddler room are designed to foster this emotional, intellectual and physical development.
Little Einstein's and Mighty Minds
We have created a Montessori class to facilitate the unique learning abilities of the 3 - 5 year old. The focus in this group is on learning through play-based activities and learning to socialise with others of a similar age. There is a gradual introduction to the basic principles of Montessori and Montessori materials.
The Montessori group will be encouraged to learn how to use the ‘prepared’ Montessori environment to foster their own personal learning interests and to prepare them for the transition into National School. Your child’s day will consist of a combination of play based learning, Montessori activities and plenty of free, fantasy and outdoor and physical play.
The Montessori Curriculum will include the following elements;
- Practical life activities
- Sensorial activities
- Math and science activities
- Arts and crafts
- Speech development and language
- Imaginative play
- Music and movement
- Learning through fun and exploration
- Outdoor/ physical activities
- Your child’s individual physical, social and educational development will be monitored throughout their time in Enquiring Minds Montessori. Each child will begin a development portfolio when they start in Enquiring Minds. Our teachers will contribute to these portfolios each week giving you an overall idea of your child’s progress in areas such as social and emotional development, physical development, language skills, natural science and nature, arts and crafts and mathematic principles. At Enquiring Minds we believe that your child’s day should be varied, stimulating and interesting. Thus we create our curriculum around biweekly themes which cover topics in cultural education, natural science and nature, history and geography.
Request More Information